The BMWCCV offers great opportunities each year to get involved in grass roots motorsport.
See the 2019 BMWCCV Motorsport Calendar and Results
Becoming involved in Motorsport enables you to:
- Have fun and enjoy the impressive handling characteristics of your BMW
- Learn and continuously improve your driving techniques and car control skills
- Participate in Come and Try Days, Supersprints and Club competition events.
Motorsport events are:
- Tightly regulated with safety a priority
- Run under a CAMS licence.
- Held at a number of venues and circuits including Sandown, Phillip Island, Winton etc
- Supportive of and welcome all experience levels.
GETTING STARTED – ‘Come and Try’ Day
We recommend you attend a ‘Come and Try Day’ which:
- Is non-competitive, untimed, no results are published, and no awards or prizes are given
- Includes driving instruction and circuit familiarisation
- Cars are released onto the circuit one at a time, enabling drivers to be spaced out and practice without too much nearby traffic
- Has less stringent requirements – most standard road cars and a standard licence are acceptable
- Other options to get you started include attending BMW Driver Training courses and having professional individual instruction.
NEXT STEPS – Supersprints
Sprints (now often called Supersprints) are entry level motorsport events that:
- Are timed events where you compete with your own times
- Are NOT races – cars do NOT compete door handle to door handle
- Have cars released onto the circuit individually and spaced out around the circuit
- Have drivers assigned to speed groups so new drivers and faster drivers have their track sessions at separate times
- Require some extra car equipment such as a fire extinguisher
BMWCCV Club Motorsport Championship
Some Supersprint events are advertised as being part of the BMWCCV Club Motorsport Championship:
- Championship events or rounds follow the same format as a Supersprint
- To make the competition fair, cars are categorized into different classes and engine sizes
- Points are awarded in each class to the best lap times achieved over the course of the day
- See BMWCCV Club Motorsport Championship Rules
If you want to actually race, we can help you there too. A great option is E30 Racing.